Do you know about Georgia Department of Human Services? If yes, then you should read this below and go to website by www.compass.ga.gov. Georgia Department of Human Services is offering the Georgia COMPASS through which people can easily apply for the state run programs. These programs include food stamps, Medicaid, TANF, Peach Care for kids, Child Care and Parent Services, energy assistance, housing assistance, temporary assistance for needy people etc.
In the State of Georgia, the department of Human Services is helping people to apply for different benefits online. People can make applications for various benefits through the newly founded service.
“COMPASS – Common Point of Access to Social Services”
People can apply for Georgia Compass online through their site. They just need to enter their some personal data on necessary application form. But it is necessary that they must be eligible for the assistance.
www.compass.ga.gov – Requirements for Applying Georgia Compass
Before applying for Georgia Compass, you must have simple few things. Make sure that you have:
- Device connected with internet connection
- Supported internet browser
- Information about your job and income
- Detailed info about your expenditure
In order to fill the necessary application form, you have to make an account on their site. The complete process to create an account and fill the application form is given below.
How to Apply for Georgia Compass
As discussed above, you have to create an account to fill the application form. The step wise procedure is mentioned below:
- Turn on your PC and open internet browser (Make sure internet connection is working).
- Go to compass.ga.gov.
- Click on the “My COMPASS Account” icon given on the Home page.
- Then, go to “Create Account”.
- There it will ask you to provide some personal information. Put your Social Security Number (SSN), name, date of birth, Child Case number or Client ID.
- In case, if you don’t have Child Case Number or Client ID, then make a call to Georgia Compass at 800-869-1150.
- Click on “Continue” to proceed forward.
- After that, you have to enter your contact information as well as some information about your case to Georgia Department of Human Services.
- Once you have entered the whole information, go to “Complete”.
That’s it. You have successfully created your Georgia Compass account. By using this account, people can apply for various assistance programs, view current benefits and also status of their case. Let`s have an example. If you have created a new Georgia Compass account and want to get some benefits, then you will have to login at Georgia Compass first. Then, you have to go to icon “Apply for Benefits” at home page and fill the required information.
About Georgia Department of Human Services:
Department of Human Services (DHS) is a national agency which is responsible for the providence of public assistance to the population where they serve. Different countries have their own ministries of the Human Services. For example, for Georgia, it is Georgia Department of Human Services. They deal with social security, social affairs, human resources, welfare etc.